Last Thursday our day did not start out the smoothest. Graci is in a routine now where she likes to get up at 6:30 or sometimes a little before....I am thinking about moving her to the Brashier house since they are all great early risers. Its hard for some reason for me to get up 7. I just can't seem to pop out of the bed if the clock is saying 6:30. So, Graci got out of the bed and BOOM, BANG, AHHHH, MOMA!!!! I shot out of the bed. Graci, had trip over her rocking horse and fell on her piano and hit her eye. Well, my first thought was "I hope she is ok" and "great we are going to the dentist this is going to look real good."
After we calmed down from our fall we made it through the rest of the morning and went to the dentist. I will be honest I have not looked forward to taking Graci to the dentist at all and that is probably why I have put it off as long as possible. I decided that we would Dr. Ritter in Saltillo. He is a relative of Sarah's so I figured he must be a good doctor and he was. I was very pleased with Dr. Ritter and his staff. They were great...Graci was not so great. It was a disaster needless to say. I am so sorry to the sweet nurse who tried to clean Gracis' teeth. She tried to bribe Graci with everything to get her to open her mouth for a cleaning and she would not. I had to take her in the bathroom and she got disciplined and that still didn't work. I know that when I left they probably thought I gave Graci that black-eye and were calling DHS because we were not doing good at all. After the dentist I thought it would be a great idea to give Graci and I time to ourselves. I dropped her off and mothers day out and came home to a quite house. I was only able to get one picture that day and yes Graci is smiling in it but please don't let that smile foul you because it was taken before we left foe the dentist. Maybe next go around will be better...I hope.
3 comments:
awwww....if i were anywhere near you right now, i'd give you a great big hug! i know in the moment, you just want to beat your head on the wall, but it'll pass. and to make you feel better...did you hear my kid screaming, "no daddy! i don't want a spanking!!! nooooooo!" as he was getting drug out of church yesterday!! see, we all gotta deal with it!! :)
My favorite saying these days is "This too shall pass"!haha My grandmother who passed away recently would tell me that everytime I called her crying about something. I do wish I was there to help more, but I am a phone call away.
i'm sorry emory! i remember you telling me you were dreading the first trip to the dentist. atleast you got it over with! next time will be easier for her since she will know what to expect.
Post a Comment